Wednesday, September 10, 2008

And then there are those who do.






I made a mental note two weekends ago to snap the pictures above.  The pictures are from the neighboring building across the street from ours.  I first noticed the basketball while hanging out with my neighbors on their terrace.  As usual, we were talking about the latest gossip, news stories and of course politics when, as if on queue, Robert, another of our neighbors came out on to his terrace and directed our attention to the window across the street.  
"Check out that basketball." He told us, indicating with a slight head nod towards the building.  Kimberly and I didn't have to strain much before we could make out the five letters that brought a nasty taste to our mouths.  All we managed, however was a simultaneous gasp.  
This post isn't about me trying to sound political.  No, it's nothing like that.  This afternoon, I was looking out the window, once again, when I spotted the basketball which was still in window.  I grabbed my camera and snapped three shots and knew right then that I would have today's post.   I'm not going to blog about how I can't understand how anyone would be bold enough to deface a perfectly fine basketball with those five letters.  Nor am I going to to blast my neighbor for expressing her support for her VP candidate.  After all, John and I did the exact same thing with our Obama 08 placards, which we proudly displayed in both our bedroom window and his office.  
But as I looked at the pictures and then out the window, I started wondering did our neighbor purposely place the basketball in her window to counter our placards which faces her windows?   This neighbor, whom I've met, is the type of woman who--after meeting her, it comes as no surprise that she would support such a vile person.  
And that's saying more than I could ever type here.   

No comments: