Monday, September 1, 2008

MAD MEN!


When I left off on the last post, the police had showed up to our house.  After speaking with John first, the two officers (normally, I would comment on how attractive they both were, but seeing as this was not the time, I'll digress) wanted to speak with me.  First, I apologized for them having to come out on such a petty matter, but it was out of my hands.  The two men explained to both of us that there really was nothing, in fact that they could do.  No one was in any danger and no one had been assaulted.  
"There's really nothing we can do, but come out and access the situation," the cute blond--I mean, the policeman informed me.  With that and about fifteen minutes wasted, the officers left.  
Still shaken up by this whole dramatic afternoon, I managed to look at John who was seated in his office.  I was angry.  No, I was beyond angry.  I was pissed!  
"That,"  I said to him, pointing my thumb at the door.  "That is so not us.  We're better than that.  We're better than this."  With tears in his eyes, John nodded in agreement.  
With that, I walked away.  
Half an hour after that whole ordeal had finally died down, the doorbell rang.  It was my good friend, Rich.  He was hysterical and could hardly get his words out. 
"Can I come and hang with you?"  He blurted out.  He was crying and he was angry.  
Much like the crazy afternoon that I'd had with John, Rich was going through his own afternoon of madness.  
"Tell me about yours and I'll tell you about mine."  I said, giving my friend a big hug.  

No comments: