Wednesday, October 1, 2008

No More Number 3.

After John and I decided to split up, I moved into the condo next door to Number 3.  With all the renovations and construction going on in the building, it was highly unlikely that the empty unit--the show model, would be shown to any potential buyers.  For the month of September, I basically lived upstairs but--as John and I agreed on, I would be out of the unit at the end of the month.  
Today was that day.  
For the past couple of days, I've put off packing the remaining boxes of my stuff.  I still had clothes hanging in the closet--waiting for me, but I would instead look at the stuff before moving into the next room to occupy myself with useless nonsense.  I even skipped out on hanging with my neighbors...I just wasn't quite ready to end it.  
My buddy, Fred, offered to help me move my stuff and I gladly accepted his offer--I would've been crazy not to.  We set up a time for him to stop by, leaving me time to get the rest of my stuff packed.  Of course, I delayed and hesitated until a half hour before Fred was supposed to be here.  And when I wasn't delaying the inevitable, I was thinking about all of the good times that John and I shared together in Number 3.  
I've always believed that Lucy had it correct when she said that condo was like another person in John's and my relationship.  
"There's four people in your relationship," she would tell me.  "You, John, Miss Lester and that building."  She was speaking the truth whenever she said that.  
I'll admit, I'm not exactly looking forward to moving across town and I'll definitely miss this place...but I think I'm only now coming to the true realization that my relationship is truly over.  

No comments: